DevOps Engineer (AWS, CI, Git, Cloud provisioning) - £50,000-55,000 plus home-working
DevOps Engineer (AWS, Continuous Improvement/CI, Git, Cloud provisioning) wanted to join a growing team of highly competent developers and engineers working on a variety of applications and services to support my client's infrastructure. They have a dedicated development team based in Northampton and offer a friendly and flexible working environment, including home-working for 3 days a week.
- Working with, and supporting, the development team with application configuration for deployment, monitoring and other automation.
- Contributing to system and process architecture.
- Work on the technical design, development, release and deployment of AWS infrastructure and applications.
- Provide operational management and support of Linux and Windows Servers including server hardening, patching, network security and log management to deliver web application and service stacks.
- Working with the Information Security Manager to ensure that our infrastructure and practices meet compliance requirements.
- Co-ordinating regular disaster recovery and penetration testing to meet compliance requirements.
- Certified to at least AWS associate level.
- AWS - EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, SQS, SNS, RDS (including Aurora), VPC, Security Groups.
- Cloud provisioning - Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible and Packer.
- Scripting - Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python.
- CI Pipeline - TeamCity, Octopus Deploy.
- Version Control Systems - Git and GitHub.
- Logging and Monitoring - ELK/Splunk and Grafana.
- Usage of Azure/GCP desirable.
- Any experience with distributed services architecture.
- CM (configuration management) - either Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
- IaC tooling - HashiCorp stack or AWS equivalents.
- Operation of distributed systems - monitoring and alerting, centralised logging and reporting.
In addition to a £50,000-55,000 base and option to work from home 3 days a week, you will join an expanding, award-winning company and work with a friendly team of techies. Other perks include team bonding days away during the week, Christmas work parties abroad and the opportunity to work with all sorts of tech.