Senior Software Quality Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Quality Engineer to join our growing team of highly competent developers and engineers working on a variety of applications and services to support our platform.
Working as part of the development team you will own the testing, monitoring, KPI reporting and alerting for the platform. Continuous Deployment is our aim and we need your help to get there.
What you will do:
- Define, maintain and own the test strategy, which will include the provision and management of test data.
- Define, maintain and own the monitoring, KPI reporting, and alerting strategy.
- Create and execute test plans that will include functional and non-functional tests.
- Develop and maintain a robust and scalable automated test suite across test and production environments.
- Provide input into platform architecture and implementation of automation tooling and frameworks to facilitate testing, continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Provide training and knowledge sharing sessions on test automation best practices.
- Support investigation of production issues.
- 3 years' experience in a related role.
- Experience defining and implementing test strategies.
- Practical experience in software testing (planning and execution, manual and automated) across the application landscape e.g. UI, business logic, data access, web services/APIs.
- Sound understanding of different types of tests, their value, and where they fit into the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with common test automation design patterns, practices, tools, and frameworks e.g. TDD, BDD, Gherkin/Cucumber, Selenium etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working in an ISO 27001 controlled environment where data security is paramount.
- Experience with cross browser and non-functional testing strategies and tools.
- Experience with automated testing of .NET applications and services in a cloud environment.
- Knowledge of Git, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy would be useful.