Joining a team of 4 fellow DBAs this is a varied role in which you will respond and support incidents, plan and react to changes and projects and contribute to the overall upkeep of the SQL estate. You will possess good SQL Server database design, capacity planning, installation / config and performance tuning skills. Further responsibilities include:
- Proactively monitoring database systems to ensure performance, availability and security.
- Installing and testing new versions of the SQL Server Database Management System (DBMS).
- Managing the implementation of SQL Server patches and service packs.
- Automating the deployment of scripts, reports, SSIS and DTS packages.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
Based heavily from home the role can offer a great work life balance whilst also providing you with a rewarding challenge and scope for career progression. Ideally candidates will have 2+ years DBA experience however candidates from a broader SQL consultancy background will be considered by the client.